Friday, December 3, 2010

Owls for Christmas

I'm so in love with all the new cute Owl stuff so when I came accross this link http://moonstitches.typepad.com/moonstitches/2007/11/zakka-style-owl.html I decided to adapt the craft to paper.  Using only materials I found here in my desk at work and the templates from the Moonstiches blog I made these cute owls.

I thought they would be cute stringed together as garland or even add letters to each owl to make the words Merry Christmas. 
Step 1
I printed off a few different Christmas patterns onto some cardstock

Step 2
I cut out the body of the owl it's basically a leaf shape

Step 3
 I cut out the design for his tummy, it's shapped like and iron
Step 4
 I pasted the iron ontop of the leaf

Step 5
I folded the top of the leaf down to about half way on the iron

Step 6
 I cut out eyes, ears, and feet.  For the eyes small circles, and for the feet an ears triangles.

Step 7
I pasted the eyes and feet to the front of the owl and the ears to the back of the owl giving me the final project.


No comments:

Post a Comment